C’etait le vendredi, 17 fevrier 2017.
MINSANTE et le personnel de MICEI
L’installation de l’unité de correction de la vue au laser (lasik, PRK, Lasek etc.) au Magrabi ICO Cameroon Eye Institute, Oback par Yaounde, a été achevée ce jour!
Il est possible de corriger la myopie, l’astigmatisme, hypermetropie et la presbytie par laser lasik au Cameroun grace a ce VISX Star S4 IR dès 2017.
Prof. Daniel Etya’ale gets the IAPB Regional Achievement Award for Africa during the IAPB General Assembly in Durban, South Africa on 27th October 2016.
Africa Eye Foundation and the Magrabi ICO Cameroon Eye Institute are elated by this recognition of a lifetime of selfless commitment to the fight against avoidable blindness in Africa.
Prof Etya’ale’s leadership in the fight against blindness spans more than three decades. He has served in several capacities including:
1. Consultant and Technical Advisor to WHO Regional Office for Africa (WHO/AFRO)
2. Technical advisor to Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM) for Africa as well as member of their Medical Advisdory Board in Bensheim, Germany
3. Techical Advisor to the African and International Boards of ORBIS
4. Visiting Professor of Ophthalmology and International Health at the Universities of Ottawa (Canada), San Francisco (USA), Insbruck, Gratz (Austria) Munich (Germany), Basel (Swizterland)
5. Former member of the Executive Committee of the International Council of Ophthalmology, the supreme body that oversees the quality of training and vision care in ophthalmology worldwide (2004 – 2012) http://www.icoph.org
6. Lifetime member of the World Academy of Ophthalmology
7. Founding member of the Africa Eye Foundation, which is developing the Magrabi ICO Cameroon Eye Institute.
8. World Health Organization. VISION 2020 Coordinator for Africa.
9. Founder of “That Every Life May Count Foundation” (www.telmc.org)
Ce centre internationale des yeux se trouve a quelques 25 km de l’Hotel Hilton de Yaounde. Le village s’appele Oback, sur la route d’Okola (15km d’Okola).
Les consulations sont actuellement possibles du lundi au vendredi de 8h00 – 14h00.
It is 18:12 as Ella, our landscape supervisor, strikes a pose before calling it a day!
On Monday, May 30th 2016, the Minister of Public Health of Cameroon, H.E. Andre Mama Fouda paid a visit to the Magrabi ICO Cameroon Eye Institute (MICEI) at Oback, on the outskirts of Yaounde.
Following a guided tour of the hospital, H.E. Andre Mama Fouda handed over the document authorising MICEI to operate in Cameroon.
Dr El Maghraby was accompanied to Cameroon by Prof Bradley Straatsma (AEF Vice President), Prof Bruce Spivey (AEF Secretary General) as well as a senior engineer and senior managers from the Magrabi Group.
According to the Minister of Health, MICEI will not only reduce the need for medical evacuations abroad for eye care, it could contribute in making Cameroon an eye care training hub and medical tourism destination.
Working sessions with Magrabi ICO Cameroon Eye Institute team.
Signing of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Public Health and Africa Eye Foundation.