A record 405 patients were attended to in one day at the Magrabi ICO Cameroon Eye Institute, MICEI! This was on Wednesday, 22nd August 2018 and included patients attending the general ophthalmology clinic as well as the retina, glaucoma, pediatric ophthalmology, strabismus, cornea, oculoplastics, cataract and refractive surgery subspecialty clinics.
We wish to congratulate the MICEI team for their hard work and high sense of professionalism, providing compassionate eye care and surgery.
Posted in Africa, Blindness, Cameroon, Cataract, Chirurgie Refractive, Diabetic Retinopathy, eye surgery, Glaucoma, Lasik, Uncategorized
Tagged Cameroon, cataract, glaucoma, glaucome, lasik, retina, retine, strabisme, Yaounde
Song written and performed by our Magrabi ICO Cameroon Eye Institute staff, Ms Nassang Mimba (Natty), on the occasion of World Sight Day 2017 on October 12th 2017.
The Magrabi ICO Cameroon Eye Institute was officially inaugurated on March 29th 2017 by H.E. Dr Philemon Yang, Prime Minister and Head of Government of Cameroon.
Herewith a CRTV documentary on MICEI.
We also have a bilingual CRTV report on the inauguration ceremony proper.
C’etait le vendredi, 17 fevrier 2017.
Pediatric Ophthalmology and Squint Department – Orthoptics and low vision room.
Service d’Ophtalmo-pediatrie & Strabisme – espace des jeux pour enfants
MINSANTE et le personnel de MICEI
L’installation de l’unité de correction de la vue au laser (lasik, PRK, Lasek etc.) au Magrabi ICO Cameroon Eye Institute, Oback par Yaounde, a été achevée ce jour!
Il est possible de corriger la myopie, l’astigmatisme, hypermetropie et la presbytie par laser lasik au Cameroun grace a ce VISX Star S4 IR dès 2017.
Prof. Daniel Etya’ale gets the IAPB Regional Achievement Award for Africa during the IAPB General Assembly in Durban, South Africa on 27th October 2016.
Africa Eye Foundation and the Magrabi ICO Cameroon Eye Institute are elated by this recognition of a lifetime of selfless commitment to the fight against avoidable blindness in Africa.
Prof Daniel Etya’ale
Prof Etya’ale’s leadership in the fight against blindness spans more than three decades. He has served in several capacities including:
1. Consultant and Technical Advisor to WHO Regional Office for Africa (WHO/AFRO)
2. Technical advisor to Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM) for Africa as well as member of their Medical Advisdory Board in Bensheim, Germany
3. Techical Advisor to the African and International Boards of ORBIS
4. Visiting Professor of Ophthalmology and International Health at the Universities of Ottawa (Canada), San Francisco (USA), Insbruck, Gratz (Austria) Munich (Germany), Basel (Swizterland)
5. Former member of the Executive Committee of the International Council of Ophthalmology, the supreme body that oversees the quality of training and vision care in ophthalmology worldwide (2004 – 2012) http://www.icoph.org
6. Lifetime member of the World Academy of Ophthalmology
7. Founding member of the Africa Eye Foundation, which is developing the Magrabi ICO Cameroon Eye Institute.
8. World Health Organization. VISION 2020 Coordinator for Africa.
9. Founder of “That Every Life May Count Foundation” (www.telmc.org)
Ce centre internationale des yeux se trouve a quelques 25 km de l’Hotel Hilton de Yaounde. Le village s’appele Oback, sur la route d’Okola (15km d’Okola).
Les consulations sont actuellement possibles du lundi au vendredi de 8h00 – 14h00.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged Consultation ophtalmologique, Consultations, Eye, Eye Institute, Hilton Hotel, Horaires, Magrabi, MICEI, Oback, Yaounde, yeux